INDULGE YOUR FELTING PASSION AND ENJOY THE COMPANY OF YOUR FRIENDS
Are you cramped for space for your felting projects?
Is your "stash" limiting your creativity?
Do your surroundings inspire you?
Sounds like you need a treat... a felting re-treat!
We have the inspiration you wish for.
You can invite your friends to join you and share the costs, or you can have it all to yourself.
You can also bring a non-felting partner and choose from some of our optional extras to entertain them while you felt. This area is noted for fly fishing, river rafting, hiking, riding off road vehicles, etc.
The Felting Retreat includes the following
Use of Studio space, which includes:
- Front loading washer
- Rolling mats
- Pool noodles
- Simplicity needle felting machine
- Hot water and soap
- Felting needles
- Ironing board and iron
- Sewing machines
Access to Outback Fibers entire stash of fibers including
Fibers purchased to take home can be shipped directly or taken with you.
- Fully self-contained cottage on the premises offering
- 1 bedroom and 1 bath
- living room and kitchen
- Full kitchen facilities
- Queen size bed
- Queen sofa in living room
- All linens provided
Bighorn RV Park (1/4 mile away/walking distance) offers a choice of
- Motel rooms
- Cottages with 1 queen and small kitchen and futon
- Apartments with 2 queen bedrooms, kitchen and living room
- RV spaces if you bring your own rig
- Budget bunkhouses - bring your own linens and use the community bathhouse.
RV Parks-- several within 5 to 15 minutes
- Full service 3-meals provided by Outback Fibers
- Self-service with fridge stocked to your specs by us.
- Bring your own or shop/dine in Salida (20 miles away)
- Combination of any of the above
- Hot tub use
- Wine and cheese
- Margaritas w/ chips and salsa
- UTV treks into the mountains
- Fly fishing in Arkansas River (1/4 mile away). Lessons can be arranged
- \River rafting on the Arkansas - 1/2 day and full-day options. Difficulty of rapids depends on snow melt. Two nearby local companies.
- Hiking - BLM and National Forest all around
- Visiting numerous art galleries in nearby Salida
- Fly into Denver * 3-1/2 hour drive to Outback Fibers if you rent a car
- Bus to Salida. Outback will collect you.
- Fly into Colorado Springs * Rent car and drive 80 miles to Outback Fibers
- RV parks available within 5 to 10 minutes
Accommodation in our cottage
Price also includes studio, equipment use and meals
- 1 person: $200/day
- 2 people: $150 ea /day
- 3-4 people: $125 ea /day
- All felting supplies are available at 10% off retail
Accommodation by your own arrangements
- Price includes studio, equipment use and meals
- $80 per person /day
- All felting supplies are available at 10% off retail.